Social Icons

Tuesday 26 August 2014

ACM-SEECS Chapter from the eyes of Students

Starting from November, as far as I can recall it was 19th of November 2013, the day when the sun was nearly blinding and the sunlight beamed upon my face and I started to gaze on the cloudless shinning blue sky as I was going up the stairs. A perfect picture that could allow me to feed off of its beauty forever awaited there. Outside the lobby of SEECS, to the extreme left a registration desk was placed and on it were 3 blue letters ACM (this letters meant nothing to me at that time) . Being a freshie Le Me was just excited about joining each society that existed :P..  so I went up there and got myself registered as a Freshie. And that’s how I guess every student`s ACM SEECS Chapter Started.

ACM SEECS is where skills meet the fun and education meets the opportunity  and a time came when a number of workshops started to take place. Firstly the workshop of vuforia after that the most amazing week came up with a lot of opportunities named as CSED week giving away prizes too ... in which i was more interested in lol... and of course encouraging each and every one for their participation and efforts (the best part about it) and this went on and on. Guys! every minute is an adventure, every day is an opportunity so better start availing it. From small workshops held in labs to large scale events, ACM has always been the only society that keeps up to the Student`s expectations.

Robo-wars, the idea behind it still frames in my mind, I would say the most fascinating event of the year though I did not get a chance to attend but really looking forward to it this year. Help, Guidance, experience, encouragement, passion is what we seek from ACM SEECS and much more. Conducting workshops to benefit students like us who have just entered the dark crowded street with no flashlight…

As my friends say:

"It’s definitely worth joining, regret will come on your doorstep if you don't."

“ACM, I believe, is one of the active societies of SEECS. In my one year at SEECS, it has organized well planned events throughout the year. I particularly remember the week long events and competitions organized by ACM. My friends and I participated in some of those events and it was a pleasure to attend them.”


Education is not everything you need to gain... From where would the skills, passion, courage and experience come from ?? ... that would allow you to be always one step ahead of everyone. That`s what societies are for. ACM SEECS is not just one chapter it`s like a novel full of many chapters and each starts with the line “WHERE SKILLS MEET THE FUN !! ” but not to forget that each and every chapter has a completely new story with a completely new adventure. 

Written By: Fatima Mahmud

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates